It’s the first day of Fall, I’m 9 pounds closer to making my skinny jeans shut the heck up. They have been sitting in my closet mocking me. “Ain’t no way you are fitting in me – – let alone zipping!”
I know. I know. A few too many #1’s from Chik Fil A, a few too many leisurely cookouts with a few too many margaritas. Add to the fact that, apparently, the closer you get to the big 4-0, your youthful metabolism takes a NOSEDIVE.
So I got serious. I am okay with not being skinny as a rail; that isn’t how God made me. But clearly I had gone off the rails a bit and needed to reign this crap in. So I started my standby – – Weight Watchers™ because it works. It helped me through the freshman 15, birthing twins, and then birthing my 3rd child less than two years later.
If you have ever been on a Weight Watchers™, you might have:
- Curled up in a ball crying when you looked at what you thought was a healthy option and see it was a gazillion points. Thank you every salad on the menu EVER!!😩
- Scoured the Tostitos bag for 12 WHOLE chips. If you are going to burn WHOLE points, you better believe you are not wasting any bites eating partials. Then you…
- Slapped your husband’s hand when he tried to take one of your chips. Because just like Joey, Steph doesn’t share food. 😡
- Savored a bag of Pirate’s Booty for supper, so you could still have the blessed 5 points for your wine.🍷
- Ate an entire pint of strawberries as you washed them because, you know, they are free!🍓
- Looked up the food you ate on my cheat day, and they are so bad that they aren’t even listed in the app. 😳 I mean come on – – Pimento Cheeseburger and Duck fat Fries…that can’t be so bad!! 😂
- Realized how many times you finished the kids’ crust or took bites as you cooked since you are tracking everything that went into your mouth. 🙊
- Got yogurt all over your face from licking the top and inside the container because, hey, you gotta maximize your points!😋
- Found your motivation to clean your house when you saw that you earned FitPoints™ for doing it. 4 points, thank you very much! (then I looked up chasing kids, brushing teeth, anything to get more 😜)
- Logged a food, then deleted it when you took a bite and it wasn’t Point-worthy.🙅🏻
- Dethroned your BFF of 20 years to a mom that asked if you had lost weight. (Just kidding Jodi – you will always be my BFF. And Brea, you totally made my Tuesday 😘)
I joke about all of this, but I love everything about the program. Weight Watchers ™ helps you create healthy habits with your eating and your physical activity. And the app is super easy to use.
It’s not about getting skinny (or even into skinny jeans). It’s about getting healthy.
One thought on “You Might Be on Weight Watchers™ if…”
You look great…I’m glad you’re feeling more healthy! Why does all of the fun stuff go against skinny jeans? (Margaritas, Chick-fil-A, Pimento Cheeseburgers…a favorite of mine too!)